We’d recommend first checking out the Contacting AWAL area of the Portal before anything else. It’s important that you know how to contact our Client Support Team in case any questions pop up after reading through the Knowledge Base.
1) The first article that we’d advise reading would be the Getting Started Guide. This is a step by step guide to using the AWAL service for the first time.
2) Something you may need to think about if you’re coming from another distributor is Transferring Your Catalog, this article explains how to achieve this.
3) Before uploading any content, it’s important to understand our YouTube service, as all clients are automatically opted in.
4) Once you’ve completed the basic set up of your Portal and you understand how to navigate around it, you can learn about the fundamentals of digital distribution in our ‘Scheduling Your Release’ section. Our Guide to Timelines is an especially important article to ensure the product is released on time. We’d also recommend reading the Instant Gratification Tracks article in case you’d like to feature one on your first release.
5) This is where our Portal Guide comes in handy. This area of the Knowledge Base breaks down each page on the Portal and each sub-page. This area also contains a detailed Uploader Guide which will help you to submit your first product.
6) At this stage hopefully, you’ve understood our required lead times, how to use the Uploader, how to contact support and the basics of navigating around the Portal.
7) This is where our ‘Monitoring Delivery Of Your Release’ section will come into play. This will give you some guidance on how to use the Catalog area of the Portal and also explains how our delivery process works.
8) Next up Marketing & Promotion is a good read. This goes into detail about marketing your release, managing your profiles on major services and other opportunities you may be considering for your project including physical distribution.
9) Once your release has been delivered and you’ve thought about the promotion side of things, Artist Mapping is an issue that comes up a lot at this stage. Understanding what this is and where/how we can help is very important.
10) Understandably, at this stage, how your release is performing across key services will be on your mind. We’d recommend reading our Sales & Streams article now. This is an overview of all reporting tools we offer, including the App. More detailed articles on all of the reporting tools can be found here. If you do decide to use the App, please check out our guide here.
11) Next up you’ll probably turn your attention to getting paid for royalties for your release. Our Royalties & Income overview provides explanations of a few key issues such as how you get paid, the difference between our royalties and performance royalties and more serious subjects like tax.
There are lots of other articles dotted around the Knowledge Base but with the above, you should be an AWAL whiz in no time. We’d recommend taking the time to read through all content so you have the knowledge to make the most of our service.
Be sure to contact support via the Portal if you have any lingering questions.