Step 1 - Product Info
- Enter information about your product, e.g. release title, genre, and copyright information.
- If you’re a label then you will have to choose the label or sub-label on which this product will be released. If you’re an unsigned artist then this will be the same as your artist name.
- Mandatory fields:
- Label (if you’re a label)
- Product Title
- Primary Genre
- Product ℗ Copyright (rights for the sound recordings) and Product © Copyright (rights for the cover artwork, packshot, packaging, digital inlay cards, text and other printed material (as applicable) relating to the the product) ) owners
- If you do not have a UPC, leave the field blank and we will supply you with one for free.
- If the UPCs you have are 12 digits, you should add a leading zero when uploading content as we require 13 digit codes.
Step 2 - Artist Info
- Fill out your artist details.
- Main artist: this is the primary artist of a release and should be entered in the Main Artist Name box.
- Various artists: if the release is a collaboration of multiple primary artists, then the release can be labeled as Various Artists. Please note that if you choose this option, you are required to enter at least 4 artists on Step 4 when adding tracks to your release.
- Featured artists: this applies to artists who are not the main artist but are featured on a release and should be given credit on the release listing. These should be added using the Add Additional Contributors function.
Step 3 - Cover Art
- Upload your cover art
- The image you upload must be:
- At least 1400x1400px (we recommend 3000x3000px for future proofing your catalog)
- JPG format
- Less than 15mb
- The image must be RGB color format
Step 4 - Add Tracks
- Add track information to your release. Please note that you will not upload any audio at this point, only details about your track.
- Start with checking that the Track Artist section is correct. Then fill out the details about your track.
- You can add a Version Title for your track. Where a track is different from the standard studio version, such as “Radio Edit”, “Live Version” or “Remastered”, this should be reflected in the Version Title.
- The preview start time indicates at which point in the song you want the preview to start when the release is available on digital services. The preview start time should be in seconds.
- If your track already has an ISRC, enter it in the ISRC field. Otherwise leave it blank and AWAL will supply you with one for free.
- Best practice is to add songwriter/composer information to ensure accuracy when distributing.
- Click “Save” after you’ve entered the details about the first track. It will then be saved in the column to the left on the page. You can then add more tracks by clicking “New Track.”
- You can also add existing tracks from your catalogue that have been uploaded by clicking “Existing Track”
- Use the Tracks and Ordering column to reorder or delete tracks.
Step 5 - Upload Audio
- Upload the audio for your tracks.
- Please ensure the audio file is a stereo WAV that is at least 16-bit / 44.1 kHz. We accept up to 24-bit / 96 kHz and would recommend uploading the highest quality file you have. Mastered for iTunes audio must be at least 24-bit / 44.1 kHz
- Upload the correct audio for each track and then click “Save”. The upload will then begin.
- Please note that this might take a while depending on how many tracks you have, how big the files are and your upload connection speed.
- When the audio has finished uploading, listen to your tracks in the browser and check that you’ve uploaded the correct audio. If you’ve uploaded the wrong audio by mistake, simply click the “x” next to the preview player to delete the file and then re-upload.
Step 6 - Setup Distribution
- Choose which date you want to release your product. Allow at least 5 weeks between submitting your product and the release date.
- If your product has been previously released, you can choose to enter the Original Release Date.
- If you wish to make your product available for pre-ordering, fill out the Pre-order date field. We recommend that this is at least one month before your set release date.
- Choose which countries to release your product in. We recommend that you release it globally. If you already have a distribution deal for some territories, you can de-select them from the list.
Step 7 - Review and Finish
- Review all the info about your release. Make sure all the info is correct, as this will allow your release to be approved and delivered to services faster.
- You can also go back and edit any of the sections.
- When you are happy with all the information, tick the checkbox to confirm that you agree with the T&Cs and then you can submit your product to us.
Once your release has been uploaded we will review it to ensure that it meets all specifications for digital services. For more information on monitoring delivery of your release please see Monitoring Delivery of your Release.