The winter holiday season is here, and while you may be busy preparing cover songs for fans to sing along to from home, surprising audiences with end-of-year performances, or looking ahead to your 2022 music comeback, AWAL wishes you happy holidays by gifting independent artists and labels like yourself with our Winter Holiday Preparation List so you can effortlessly release and promote your music on schedule.
AWAL offices stay open until 17 December 2021, which means the countdown begins to have your release assets uploaded if you wish to meet your desired release date!
If you don’t know the final day you are able to submit your release metadata and cover art before we ring in the New Year, don’t worry. We got you covered.
First, it’s imperative that you read through our special end-of-year music delivery due dates list here to avoid delayed reply times from our Support team during the AWAL office closure. Once you know the final date to submit your release, keep scrolling down to see if you can check off every item on our Winter Holiday Preparation List:
- New Artist Profiles - If this is your first time releasing, please provide the UPC of the release to the AWAL Community Support team through the portal to receive your Spotify Artist URI and Apple Artist ID. You will need these identifiers to claim your profiles on Spotify and Apple Music.
- Mapping Requests - Send a request to the AWAL Community Support team through your Portal to confirm your release has been linked to your correct artist page.
- Allowlisting Artist Channels - Send a request through the portal to have your Facebook/Instagram, SoundCloud, and YouTube channels cleared to post promotional content that contains your recordings without issue.
- YouTube Copyright Issues - Send a request through the AWAL Portal and the Community Support team will get back to you as soon as we’re able to.
- TikTok Preview Start Time Changes - Follow the instructions on the Knowledge Base here to update the preview start time of your release on TikTok.
- Video Blocks on TikTok - Remember that audio used must come from the TikTok Sound Library and user-generated content must not be longer than 60 seconds to avoid blocks on TikTok. Tracks that AWAL delivers and original sounds that match our partner delivered content are not eligible for use through TikTok’s “Promote” feature. You can expect to see copyright blocks when sharing through the tool.
- Lyrics - Use the Lyrics tool on the Uploader during the product submission process as we won’t be able to deliver them retroactively.
- AWAL Portal Login Error - If you find yourself locked out of the AWAL Portal between 17 December - 31 December, please submit a request through the AWAL Portal and the Community Support team will get back to you soon as we’re able to.
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) - Visit our Frequently Asked Questions article on the Knowledge Base for everything you’ll need to know about MFA.
- I submitted my release for delivery - now what? We’ve put together some really useful articles on the Knowledge Base that can help you ensure your campaign is fully optimized and more:
Pitching & Playlisting