AWAL now accepts lyric submissions with tracks in the Uploader for delivery. We will deliver lyrics along with your music to digital services that currently support lyric ingestion. While lyric submissions are optional at this time, more and more fans streaming music seek lyrics to the songs that they listen to, so it’s highly encouraged to provide lyrics with your release submissions to drive your fan engagement.
Note: We cannot add lyrics to releases that have already been approved.
AWAL currently delivers lyrics to Apple at this time. We hope to deliver lyrics to more digital services in the coming months.
Please note, you can submit your lyrics to a couple of services on your own in the meantime. For example, you can submit your lyrics for Instagram Stories' Lyrics feature through Musixmatch. Spotify also displays lyrics for some releases, powered by their collaboration with Genius. However please note, Spotify's lyric displays are curated and we cannot guarantee a submission through Genius will result in your lyrics being displayed on Spotify.
To add lyrics to your release submission on AWAL, please follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to the Track Information section in the Uploader (step 5):
2. Open a track, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the + ADD LYRICS FOR THIS TRACK button:
3. You can then copy and paste or type in your lyrics for the specific track:
Note: Please follow the instructions outlined next to the lyric entry box to successfully format your lyrics for delivery.
Below are key things to know when submitting lyrics in the Uploader:
- Lyrics should be written exactly as they are sung and should not be censored unless the track is a clean version of an explicit track release.
- All lyric lines should be single-spaced and double spaces should be used to separate each stanza.
- Lyrics must begin with a leading capital letter. Commas can be used mid-line if needed, but no periods or commas should be used at the end of lyric lines.
- Repeated lines should be included within the lyrics and not be shortened using repeat parentheses. i.e. (Repeat x2).