If you’re opted in to Content ID through AWAL, we’ll deliver your recordings there by default to help monetize your music in user-generated content on Youtube. It’s important to note though not all content is eligible for Content ID and YouTube only allows monetization for distinct recordings.
The following types of content are ineligible for monetization on Content ID:
- Recordings in the public domain
- Soundalikes including covers & remasters
- Sound effects, soundbeds, and production loops
- Mashups and continuous DJ mixes
- ‘Royalty-free’ production music/samples
- Non-exclusively licensed content (you must have an exclusive license for any samples, recordings, etc. that you deliver with your products)
Note: Exclusive Licenses mean that no one else (person or company) other than the licensee can exploit the rights of that content.
Any recordings flagged to us by YouTube for containing any of the above content will immediately be taken down from Content ID, meaning we’ll no longer be monetizing the track for you in user-generated content on YouTube. If 3 or more of your tracks are flagged by Content ID for containing the materials above, we will need to remove your entire AWAL catalog from Content ID and opt you out of delivery for future uploads.
If your track contains any of the above, please get in touch with us via the Contact Us page on your Portal before you upload your release so we can prevent delivery of ineligible content to Content ID.
Please find more information about Content ID’s eligibility requirements here.