Music appearing on the wrong Spotify artist page is a ‘mapping’ issue that can happen for artists and bands with similar names. This commonly occurs across the digital services and affects all digital distributors.
We can help you get your track, EP, or album moved over to your correct artist profile or a brand new profile if this is your first time releasing.
To report a mapping issue, please reach out to us via the Contact Us page on your AWAL Portal and send the following information:
- Affected Artist Name (with proper casing and spelling)
- UPC of the release(s)
- Spotify URI Link to the wrong artist page
- Spotify URI Link to the correct artist page. If this is your first release, please just let us know you’ll need a new page.
Once we have this information, we'll get in touch with Spotify to amend your release's mapping. You should see your release moved to the correct page within 5 working days.
A few things to keep in mind about artist mapping:
- The Spotify URI and Spotify URL are two different links. We have instructions on how to retrieve the Spotify URI here.
- You can ensure your release is automatically mapped correctly when you first upload your music by entering your Spotify artist URI on step 2 of the Uploader tool.
- The name on the correct artist page must match the artist name we delivered in the metadata of your release or we will not be able to help move the affected release.
- Artist mapping issues do not affect your streaming data or royalties payments.