If you’d like to transfer your Catalogue over to AWAL from another distributor, please follow the steps and best practice tips outlined below:
Upload Your Catalogue to AWAL
1. Upload products via the Uploader in your Portal using the original metadata and ISRC codes that are already associated with your product. Be sure to enter an Original Release Date (the first date the release went live) on step 4 of the Uploader for your back catalogue.
2. Pick a sales start date (step 6 of the Uploader) four weeks out from upload.
3. You'll be able to see in the Catalogue tab on your Portal once the release is delivered and live. Make sure to double-check your streams have linked between the existing release and the AWAL release.
4. You can then request a takedown from your previous distributor.
To prevent a break in sales, please do not request a takedown from your previous distributor until you’ve confirmed your releases are live on services via AWAL. Provided you use the same ISRC codes and metadata, you'll retain stream counts and playlist placements.
Keep the following in mind to ensure your release transfers successfully:
- The original UPC code should be retained, as long as it was assigned specifically for the digital release.
- The P Year should match the year the title was originally released. If remastered, it should match the year of the remaster. The C Year should match the year the Release was first released with that particular artwork/liner notes/packaging. More information about P & C lines can be found here.
- Original Release Date (step 4 of the Uploader) should match the year the product was first released.