When submitting assets to us, whether it’s artwork, audio, digital booklet, or artist images, there are certain guidelines you must adhere to so that your product can be distributed successfully. If any part of your product does not meet the required specifications, you can run into the following issues:
- Problems using the Uploader or submitting the product.
- Your product being queried and returned to your Portal during approval. This can elongate the submission process and disrupt desired release/pre-order dates.
- Your product being delivered without its accompanying digital booklet.
- Issues updating your artist images.
Cover Artwork Specifications
- At least 3000x3000px
- DPI 72
- Max 15MB
- RGB colour format
- Supported bit depths: 16-bit / 24-bit
- Supported sample rates: 44.1 kHz / 48 kHz / 88.2 kHz / 96 kHz
Digital Booklet Specifications
- PDF format with .pdf extension
- Four-page minimum
- No more than 10 MB in size
- All fonts embedded
- 11 inch x 8.264 inch (28 cm x 21 cm)
- RGB color
- Horizontal presentation
- All images full-bleed as shown in sample pages
- Digital booklet links should be submitted with your product in the 'Additional Comments' section.
Important: These booklets are expressly designed for the iTunes Store Format, and cannot be reproductions of the liner notes with borders to increase their size.
Digital Booklet Content Considerations
- When saving as PDF, make sure the document opens full screen with no negative space surrounding the document.
- If the digital booklet comprises many pages, consider using fewer images or optimizing images to achieve lower overall file size.
- Printer’s marks are not allowed.
- Please do not include barcodes on your digital booklet.
- You cannot sell or advertise other products or services. No other promotional sites are allowed.
- No links to anything outside the booklet, except to the artist and/or label website(s).
- No time-sensitive information (for example, a promotion or dates for an upcoming tour or concert).
- See our article Artist Image Updates for more information