When submitting assets to us, there are certain guidelines you must adhere to so that your product can be distributed successfully. If any part of your product does not meet the required specifications, you can run into the following issues:
- Problems using the Uploader or submitting the product.
- Your product being queried during approval, leading to it being returned to your Portal. This can elongate the submission process and disrupt desired release/pre-order dates.
- Your product being delivered without its accompanying digital booklet.
- Issues updating your Apple Music artist image.
- Minimum resolution of 3000 x 3000 pixels, 1:1 ratio (i.e. square). Our uploader currently still accepts 1400 x 1400 pixels artwork, but the major digital services will soon be enforcing a 3000 x 3000 pixels minimum. We strongly recommend providing all digital artwork at this increased resolution in order to future proof your catalogue.
- JPEG in RGB Mode
- Supported bit depths: 16-bit / 24-bit
- Supported sample rates: 44.1 kHz / 48 kHz / 88.2 kHz / 96 kHz
Digital Booklet Specifications
- PDF format with .pdf extension
- Four-page minimum
- No more than 10 MB in size
- All fonts embedded
- 11 inch x 8.264 inch (28 cm x 21 cm)
- RGB color
- Horizontal presentation
- All images full-bleed as shown in sample pages
Important: These booklets are expressly designed for the iTunes Store Format, and cannot be reproductions of the liner notes with borders to increase their size.
- When saving as PDF, make sure the document opens full screen with no negative space surrounding the document.
- If the digital booklet comprises many pages, consider using fewer images or optimizing images to achieve lower overall file size.
- Printer’s marks are not allowed.
- You cannot sell or advertise other products or services. No other promotional sites are allowed.
- No links to anything outside the booklet, except to the artist and/or label website(s).
- No time-sensitive information (for example, a promotion or dates for an upcoming tour or concert).
Apple Artist Image Specifications
- 1:1 ratio (i.e. square) and at least 2400 x 2400 pixels
- A clean and clear representation of the artist
- Free of any borders, logos, or website addresses