We only deliver content that adheres to the service guidelines for digital artwork.
Before uploading a piece of artwork, please familiarize yourself with the iTunes Store Music Style Guide.
The following are examples of artwork elements that we cannot accept:
- Low-quality artwork. We accept professional images that are not pixelated or blurry at 100% zoom.
- Any uses of the Explicit Content logo must be the BPI version, and the tracks in question must be marked as ‘Explicit’ in the Track Information section of the Uploader.
- Text featured on artwork must match your metadata. This includes any featured artists or contributors. If we don't provide a field to enter the desired information within the product or track metadata, then it cannot be featured on the artwork.
- Mention of pricing anywhere on the artwork.
- Logos, website addresses or any other reference to established businesses such as charities, TV, games or other popular culture. You must ensure you own the copyright to any images used on the artwork.
- References to physical products such as CD1, Side A, RPM, a barcode that doesn't match the digital barcode.
- Social media logos or links.
- References to the release date of a product or ‘out now’.
- Uneven borders or incorrectly cropped images. All images must fill to the edge of the image except if you have even borders and the central image is a perfect square.