With more than a hundred articles available, the AWAL Knowledge Base is full of information on how to get the most out of AWAL and your music. We'd advise reading as much of it as possible.
To get you going, here are step-by-step instructions on the Knowledge Base articles will think will get you off to the best start
1) The first article that we’d advise reading would be the Getting Started Guide. This is a step-by-step guide to using the AWAL service for the first time and includes information on releasing your music with us, details about our 4-week lead time and best practices for uploading your release.
2) If you’re moving from another distributor, read our Transferring Your Catalogue best practices, which will explain how to move your existing catalogue over to AWAL.
3) Before uploading any content, it’s important to understand our YouTube service, as all clients are automatically opted in, unless they have indicated on the sign-up form that they have assigned rights to their music on YouTube to another third party.
4) In our Scheduling Your Release section, you will be able to learn about the fundamentals of distribution through AWAL. Our Guide to Timelines is an especially important article to ensure the product is released on time. We’d also recommend reading about Instant Gratification Tracks, in case you’d like to feature one on your first release.
5) When you're ready to upload your music, head to our detailed Uploader Guide which will help you to submit your first product. Next, check out the AWAL Portal Guide. This area of the Knowledge Base breaks down each page on the Portal and each sub-page, to give you a good understanding of where you can find all the information you need.
6) Release uploaded and ready to go? Great, head to our Monitoring Delivery Of Your Release section to find guidance on how to use the Catalogue area of the Portal and an explanation of how AWAL's delivery process works.
7) Next up - Marketing & Promotion. This goes into detail about marketing your release, managing your profiles on major services and other opportunities you may want to consider for your project, including physical distribution.
8) Artist Mapping is an issue that often appears this stage. Understanding what this is and where/how we can help is very important.
9) We’d recommend reading our Sales & Streams article next. This is an overview of all the reporting tools that we offer, including the AWAL App. More detailed articles on all of the reporting tools available can be found here.
10) Next up, our Royalties & Income overview will help you to understand how you get paid, the difference between our royalties and performance royalties, and basic advice on tax.
Finally, it’s important that you know how to contact our Client Support Team in case any questions pop up after reading through the Knowledge Base. You can find all of the details about how to get in touch via the Contacting AWAL section.