Apple Music has its own artist-facing platform, Apple Music for Artists, which allows artists to gain control over their Apple artist page and stay up to date on insights and data for their activity on Apple Music. Apple Music for Artists users can edit their artist image for display on Apple platforms, change the user permission settings on an Apple Music for Artists account, track Shazam data, and measure a song’s success with engaging insights and monthly stats.
Apple Music for Artists can be used on desktop or downloaded for iPhone via the App Store.
- How can I claim my artist page on Apple Music for Artists?
- What can I do with my Apple Music for Artists account?
- Understanding Apple Music for Artists Analytics
- Apple Music for Artists account conditions
How can I claim my artist page on Apple Music for Artists?
To begin using Apple Music for Artists, you must have a live release on the platform and access to a personal Apple ID.
Note: If you need a new Apple ID created, you must submit your request directly to Apple here.
Once you’ve gained access to your Apple account, please follow the steps below to gain access to Apple Music for Artists:
- Navigate to Apple Music for Artists and type in your artist name or enter the iTunes Store link for your artist page in the search field to locate the correct artist page in the “Request Artist Access” section.
- Apple will prompt you with a set of releases. Select a release by your artist.
- Enter your contact information. You’ll also want your social media channel links handy to verify your identity in the application fields.
Note: There is a field that requests a distributor name. AWAL is currently not listed and this field is not required to gain access to Apple Music for Artists.
Apple will verify your relation to the artist and you should then be provided access to the Apple Music for Artists account. This may take around 24-48 hours. For more information and detailed step-by-step claiming instructions, see here.
What can I do with my Apple Music for Artists account?
Within the Apple Music for Artists account, users will have access to:
- Easily upload a custom artist image to keep an up to date profile
- Monitor how well an artist’s songs are performing on Apple Music including streaming data and any additions to Apple Music Playlists
- Stay up to date on Shazam analytics for releases
- See on average how many daily listeners an artist has, including by country or song
- Receive a weekly newsletter with helpful insights to easily track successes week-to-week
Understanding Apple Music for Artists Analytics
For more information on understanding your Apple Music for Artists Analytics, see here.
While managing an artist page on Apple Music for Artists, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Biography descriptions cannot be amended using Apple Music for Artists at this time
- Social media channel links cannot be added and are only used to verify the identity of the page claimant in the initial artist page claim process
- You can use one Apple ID to maintain access to multiple Apple Music for Artists accounts
- Unlink a specific artist’s profile from your account to effectively remove your access to that specific Apple Music for Artists page