Spotify allows you to personalize your Artist Page by updating your bio, adding your social media links, press pictures, and much more. Having an up to date artist page that showcases your identity as an artist is super important for fan engagement and branding, but also shows Spotify you’re active on their platform.
To get started editing and optimizing your artist page, navigate to your Spotify for Artists dashboard and click on “Profile” in the top bar menu to access the edit page. Once you enter ‘edit’ mode, you’ll be able to view, navigate through, and edit a preview version of your actual Spotify artist page. We’ve highlighted each edit mode tab below, as well as things to keep in mind as you move through the edit process:
In the first tab in edit mode you’ll be able to make changes to various aspects of your artist page:
- Header & Profile Images: You can add or edit your artist image to make your profile more personalized and unique to you. To change your header image (the banner image that displays at the top of the page), click on the pencil icon on its top right corner. A new section will open where you can select your new header, as well as update your profile picture (the smaller circular image on your page). Read more about Spotify’s artist image specs here. Always make sure that your header and profile pictures are up to date and reflect the branding and ‘moment’ of the current point in your career.
- Artist’s Pick: In the Overview tab, you’ll be able to pin an item to the top of your profile to attract your audience’s attention. Your Artist’s Pick can be your latest release, a livestream, playlist you created or featured on, a merch item or a tour date, or even a track by another artist or an editorial playlist you love. No matter what you choose to highlight, you’ll be allowed the capability to add a short message about why you chose it and/or explain its significance to you.
- Artist Playlist: You can highlight playlists you’ve created towards the bottom of the artist page. (Note: you’ll need to create these playlists on your personal Spotify account first. Read more about this here.) This is a great way to contextualize and share some of your favorite music, and also offers fans a playlist they can then share and engage with. You can also add playlists your music has been added to in this section.
Tip: If you choose to share a playlist you created here, definitely make sure you have your own tracks throughout the playlist alongside other tracks by your favorite artists. This can help keep fans engaged with your music but also make your page more personal.
Click on 'About' to add more personalized features to your profile. Here you can:
- Add press pictures to your Artist’s gallery;
- Link your Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Wikipedia Page;
- Update your artist bio. Make sure to keep your bio current, to present your project in its most up to date form as well as highlight your inspirations and achievements. Spotify put together a useful article about The Do’s and Don’ts of Writing Your Spotify Bio.
Tip: You can also tag other artists or playlists in your bio which can help connect visitors of your profile to artists you’re inspired by, have worked with, etc.
Fans Also Like
You cannot edit this section as this tab is algorithmically generated, using a combination of your fans' listening habits on Spotify and various other data points.
Tip: Make sure to review the information here as it gives you an insightful overview of artists similar to you that can help you shape and strategize your campaigns, tour plans, and more.
Spotify COVID-19 Music Relief: Artist Fundraising Pick
In response to the COVID-19 emergency, Spotify enabled a new feature for artists to choose a fundraising destination and highlight it in their profile. Similar to the Artist’s Pick feature, the Fundraising Pick will appear towards the top of your artist page. Artists can raise money to support themselves and their teams via Cash App, GoFundMe, and PayPal.Me or artists can raise funds for a verified organization.
You can learn more about Spotify’s efforts towards COVID-19 Relief here.
Tip: After creating & optimizing your artist profiles on digital services, social media, and other platforms, it’s important to make sure your information is updated and consistent across all platforms.