YouTube has rolled out Official Artist Channels, which enable eligible artists to consolidate a standard artist YouTube channel, VEVO Artist channel, and Topic Channel into one ‘channel’ so fans can easily locate all official content relating to a specific artist. The OAC does not merge your channels together, but rather it creates a singular place where all official content can be easily found.
We can help you request an Official Artist Channel if you get in touch with us via the Contact Us page on your Portal. Please ensure you meet the eligibility criteria below prior to getting in touch with us:
- You must own and operate a standard YouTube channel that represents one artist or band
- You must have at least one (although three is recommended) releases delivered to YouTube Music. We deliver to YouTube Music by default so provided we've delivered one release for you, you will meet this requirement
- You must have no policy violations on your channel
If you meet the above requirements please get in touch with us with the following information and we can submit your request:
- Email Address used to sign in to your standard YouTube channel
- Channel ID (24 character code beginning with 'UC') for your Standard Artist Channel
- Channel ID for your Topic Channel (24 character code beginning with 'UC')
- Channel ID for your VEVO Channel (if applicable)
- Official Artist Website Link
- Artist Name
- Label Name (this should be what you use in your release metadata during upload)
- Country of Residence
Once we reach out to YouTube, OAC requests can take anywhere between a few weeks to a couple of months to process and finalize.