Digital booklets are those which can be downloaded when a fan purchases an album on iTunes and a few other download services. These booklets are not available on streaming services.
If you’d like to deliver a digital booklet with your release, you’ll need to submit a download link (WeTransfer, Dropbox, etc.) in the ‘Comments and T&Cs’ section on the final step of the Uploader. Please also reach out to us via the Contact Us page on your Portal and let us know you've submitted a digital booklet with your release.
Note: Digital booklets cannot be added to a release once it’s been approved so it’s important to provide the link to the booklet during upload.
The requirements for digital booklets are as follows:
- PDF format with .pdf extension
- Four-page minimum
- No more than 10 MB in size
- All fonts embedded
- 11 inch x 8.264 inch (28 cm x 21 cm)
- RGB color
- Horizontal presentation
- All images full-bleed as shown in sample pages
- Cannot be reproductions of the liner notes with borders to increase their size.
We’ve also outlined some best practices below to consider when creating digital booklets:
- When saving as PDF, make sure the document opens full screen with no negative space surrounding the document.
- If the digital booklet comprises many pages, consider using fewer images or optimizing images to achieve lower overall file size.
- Printer’s marks are not allowed.
- Please do not include barcodes on your digital booklet.
- You cannot sell or advertise other products or services. No other promotional sites are allowed.
- No links to anything outside the booklet, except to the artist and/or label website(s).
- No time-sensitive information (for example, a promotion or dates for an upcoming tour or concert).