You’ll need to upload cover artwork each time you submit a release for distribution. There are certain artwork guidelines you must adhere to so that your product can be delivered to the services and distributed successfully. If any part of your artwork does not meet the required specifications, you can run into the following issues:
- Problems using the Uploader or submitting the product.
- Your product being queried and returned to your Portal during approval. This can elongate the submission process and disrupt desired release/pre-order dates.
- Your product being placed ‘on hold’ prior to delivery.
The cover artwork requirements are as follows:
- Ratio 1:1; 3000 x 3000px
- JPEG in RGB Color Mode
- DPI 72
- 15 MB maximum file size
- No visible pixelation or blurriness
- No uneven borders
- All text on the artwork must be present in your metadata
You can find examples of what cannot be accepted on artwork here.